So, there may be people out there who have gotten this scary wax. Those who have gotten it may have had some horrific experiences, but hopefully, the majority have had GREAT (as great as tearing out the hair from your downstairs can get) experiences.
There are ways to make sure that you have a good experience, these are:
- Keep the hair the right length for waxing, too long=excruciating pain, too short=not going to wax. It’s pretty obvious that you can’t have it too short-approximately 1/2 an inch. Some beauticians will trim your hair to the right length before waxing, but some may not, taking that risk is going to be VERY PAINFUL. If you think you might cut it too short then leave it.
- Exfoliate in the morning. Doing this will get rid of all the dead skin around that area, making it easier to wax, and to make sure it’s nice and clean and help get those tough coarse hairs easier to wax and make it a whole lot less painful.
- Numbing cream can be used to reduce the pain, these can be bought online or in stores.
- Paracetamol can be taken an hour to half an hour before the waxing is due, to numb any of the pain that is dawning upon you.
- Don’t go near or on your period as you will be extra sensitive to pain during this period of time, wait a week so the pain can be reduced.
Obviously there’s SO many methods of how to make sure your wax goes smoothly, but I don’t know everything, so if I’m missed something out let me know, leave a comment, share your experiences to help or scare any future newcomers getting a brazillian or hollywood.